Lemons into Lemonade! Lemons for breakfast, and afternoon tea!
I love citrus. Lemons, limes, tangellos, oranges, mandarin, grapefruit.....they make my mouth water. I think it is the fact that they are so zingy, energizing and invigorating that makes me love them even more!
Do you remember when you did stick to lemon and water first thing in the morning for a couple of weeks...& then for whatever reason it fell out of your routine??
Well here's a little nudge to get it back into your morning routine ....pronto!
1. Great to stimulate digestive system (and the lymphatic and urinary system too actually!)
2. Awesome for immune system
3. Alkalises our system. Whilst they taste acidic they are full of enzymes that have a soothing and calming effect on our cells - perfect if you you tend to overindulge.
4. The micro-nutrients actually make your skin glow, and stay firmer long
5. The micro-nutrients actually make your skin glow, and stay firmer long .
You totally know why that deserves to be twice - so fresh and so clean!
So what else do we love to do with lemons? Make lemonade sweetened with maple and topped with kefir - a health tonic that is something different to gin and tonic at happy hour.
Maple + Kefir Lemonade (serves 1)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut kefir
Top with soda water and add some fresh mint!
If you are keen to see what other quick ways we add fermented foods into our lifestyle with our having to grow scoby's and be home to check our ferments you may just love this post.
What is your fave lemon recipe? Comment in the links below and share the love!