Bedazzled Soup In A Flash! Cauli + Sweet Potato w Spicy Seeds and Kale (15mins!)
Today turned into a rainy day, and my fridge was bare cause its market day tomorrow - so I did a little 'ready, steady cook' style soup from the bunch of ingredients I had and this was the result. Got to say I love stealing a sneaky soup day in the middle of summer :)
This is seriously fast food, and packed with good nutrition, digestive stimulants and tonnes of flavour. I trust that you can make it in 15 minutes flat. I shared this on my instagram story today (you can follow me here) and definitely want to share more of my everyday eats via that medium...but for now I shall share this recipe with you!
Cauli + Sweet Potato w Spicy Seeds and Kale (15mins!):
Gluten, dairy, soy and nut free. Serves 2.
I am a fan of soups with the addition of FUN bits, that is where the crispy kale and spicy seeds come into play. TIP: Feel free to make more of the fennel salt to add wherever you use salt, the extra fennel and cinnamon is a wee nutritional boost!
- 2 Tbs seeds (I used sunflower)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch cayenne pepper, powdered
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 leaves kale, stems removed, finely shredded
- 2 cups cauliflower, stems included, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 1 cup filtered water
(so basically 1/2 a head of cauliflower and 1 small sweet potato if you don't want to measure!)
1. Crush the fennel seeds, cinnamon and salt in mortar and pestle. It doesn't need to be ground to a powder, just make sure the fennel seeds are crushed to release their oils!
2. Gently heat 1 Tbs sunflower oil with the 80% of the fennel salt over medium heat for two minutes. Add cauli and sweet potato along with 250mls of water. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
3. Whilst the soup cooks, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a small fry pan and for 2 minutes, add sunflower seeds, cumin seeds and kale and cook for one minute. Turn off heat and allow to continue cooking in pan.
4. When soup veggies are tender, take off heat and blitz with immersion blender or similar. Top with kale sprinkle and devour!
Honestly, this is so fast, deeply nourishing and full of the good stuff!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!