Meet Kristen + Her Raw Vegan Chocolate Slice
Kristen is a hairdressing ninja by day, and I had heard of this woman from others generally followed with the 'I don't know how you two haven't met'...and whilst I am yet to meet, and let's be honest, probably hug this beautiful creature her energy jumps off the page and I can't help but have a little envy for the clients that grace her boutique to be showered in wholefood treats whilst having their locks tended to
Kristen's life reflects her beliefs, she happily walks the talk. From mornings of practicing gratitude, nourishing breakfasts and moving her body, she is firmly planted in the these being the cornerstones to support her love of practicing a health mindset - where love wins out over stress, and fear has no room to get a look in. Her own personal mantra of I am enough, I do enough, I have enough is a thread that weaves through each minute to keep the corners of her mouth pointing upwards.
Even though her go-to wellness combo of turmeric, ginger and lemon is a key to her vitality, and that loving Simply Real Good Food - that to her means unprocessed, natural and whole foods -more often that not are 80% of her deal - she has a healthy buffer of 20% to make sure all of life gets experienced and no stone is left unturned, or experience left on the table.
From where I sit, this yoga teacher in training leads with heart and revels in the joy of gratitude and graciousness in every step and accidentally and incidentally inspires and touches all that seem to come close to her. You get to share in a little of that through this little write up, and her chocolate recipe below.
Recipe raw vegan chocolate slice
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 4 ripe avocado
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup honey/rice malt syrup
- 1 cup cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Hazelnuts (or nut of choice) to garnish
For the base:
1. Place 1 cup of pecans ( or nut if your choice) & 1 cup of dates and 1 tbsp of maple syrup in a high speed blender or food processor, on high until mixture starts to stick together.
2. Place in a square slice tin lined with baking paper using back on a spoon to press into the the base of a 20 x 20 slice tin. Pop in freezer while preparing filling.
For the filling:
1. Combine the flash of 4 ripe avocados ,melted coconut oil, honey/vegan rice malt syrup, raw cacao powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean in a high powered blender.
2. Blend for 4-5 5 minutes until super smooth - scrape down sides as required. Smooth over top of prepared nut base and cover with cling wrap.
Return to freezer for 1 hour , then place in fridge until ready to eat. Serve cut into divinely delicious squares and serve topped hazelnuts!!
Heaven on earth xx