Oh my darling, sweet potato. FIVE recipes to make you swoon.
I love the stuff. Cooks quickly, bakes well, mashes like a dream. Oh and then it works so well in a curry, and not to mention makes a perfect pattie. The love is real and shows no signs of slowing down. I took a long break from sweet potato (I ate far too many weighed out sweet potato and egg white omelettes. Blrgh.) but it is back on the menu and I have shared my fave finds to try below…
But first...I love steaming up a heap of the stuff and then it is on hand to make a quick pancake, (or creamy mash or pattie). Try this recipe below (and check out the rest at the end of this post!).
Basic Sweet Potato Pancake
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (pre-cooked)
- salt and pepper
- Herbs if you have them on hand...
- Oil for cooking (organic sunflower or coconut)
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Heat 18cm pan over medium heat, add a little oil and give it a minute to warm up. Cook all the pancake for 4 minutes then flip for 2 - 3 minutes. DONE! Perfect with a dollop of pesto and relish. Make two and take one to work for lunch. Perf.
WANT TO ADD MORE GREENS? (Yes!!!!) Instead of flipping the pancake put some spinach in the middle on one half and fold in to make a half moon and allow it to cook through, wilting the spinach in the process.
That is just the way I like it.
Extra Crispy BAKED Sweet Potato Fries from Layers Of Happiness
Easy Peasy Sweet Potato Hummus from Kris Carr
Sweet Potato Toast from The Merrymaker Sisters *OLDIE BUT GOLDIE!!!!*
Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry from Detoxinista
Sweet Potato Nachos from Paleo Leap
Tag me in your fave recipes, or let me know how you go with the ones above! I’m off to make dinner, I have sweet potato on the brain!